Thursday, November 18, 2010

All in All?

All together, Mike's visit was a success!  We were exhausted, and poor thing, he had to go to work right after he got back :(  I on the other hand, have been doing straight up homework since he left, literally.  Anette also came to me and said that she was going to back to Finland for good, so I had to send her off on Monday afternoon.  I miss having her right next door, but she will be back for exams, so that made me feel better.  But...I just wanted to reflect a bit on the whole visit:

-9 days can go ridiculously fast
-France is not that much cheaper than Norway (from my observations)
-I liked the Paris subway system because you never waited more than 5 minutes at any time of day.  In Oslo you can wait a long time, especially a low traffic times
-I am insanely sick of rain
-RyanAir cares only about the flight, not the passengers
-Shops were open so late in Paris, it sucked to come back where everything closes at 4 or 5
-French people are rude, just like everyone says.  Norwegian people are just shy.
-French sounds gross, it was nice to come back and hear Norwegian :)
-I am tired of museums/artwork for a while
-Being a tourist can get exhausting
-I am a clean person, but having our stuff in my room made it feel more homey, now it feels empty
-I still LOVE taking pictures
-Europe is way cooler than the US...sorry, Mt. Rushmore just doesn't measure up!
-I am so glad I pushed myself to go through with this experience, totally worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment