Saturday, November 27, 2010

Un-Eventful...

So I haven't posted for a while, basically because nothing has really happened.  I have been doing schoolwork constantly, attempting to read ALL of the assignments for one of my classes, as well as doing new and old readings for another.  On top of that, my huge group project with my third year class has taken up this whole past week.  We worked every day from 9am until 7pm, literally.  And we FINALLY got it all printed out yesterday.  It is over 11,000 words long and ended up being 36 pages...time to celebrate, right?!  Nope...we still have to write a process report for our group, and put together a presentation to deliver in front of the whole 3rd year class and teachers, over 70 people.  So I'm not rejoicing quite yet.  Also next week, I have to lead the last group session for my 2nd year class and prepare everything for my exams on December 6th...EWWW!! 

Along with all this schoolwork, I have been coughing constantly, leading me to not get much sleep, in turn making me more sick.  Needless to say, I'm absolutely exhausted, but since I don't have much time here (only 2 more weeks!), I want to be doing things.


Rachel from Concordia picked up her boyfriend from the airport on Saturday the 20th, and stayed at my school for the weekend, so we had dinner together and got to do some more catching up.  We luckily got their keys because the lady spoke absolutely NO English...which is pretty rare in Norway.  It was nice to see her again and finally meet the Jon she is always talking about!


This past Monday, Aleks and I went to House of Pain in Oslo to get my tattoo.  It is my ultimate souvenir from Norway, and I never want to forget my time here.  Marco was really nice, helped me make some good decisions for my tattoo, and now I love it!  At one point he said, "The cross is blue, right?" which gave us a good laugh, because Iceland's flag is the exact opposite of Norway's, so that would have been a big mistake!  It didn't take very long, and I have been needing a release lately, so I just took the pain and got such a high from it!  I gave him a nice tip, which isn't very common in Norway, so I hope he enjoyed!  So now I am in the healing process, which is more painful than the actual tattoo, in my opinion...  Aleks was anxious the whole time, asking "Does it hurt?!" ...little baby, haha. 

Thursday, I had class all day, followed by choir, which still never fails to make my day better.  I absolutely love it.  We ended a bit early to head out to the woods for a Christmas gathering with DiaVillmark.  It was pretty cold, but we had a fire, shared some food, and of course, good friendship and conversation.  I left a bit early with Linn Eli to head back because I was still sick and figured I should get back indoors.  But I am so glad I went, it was a fun time...and I always love having my clothes smell like bonfire :) 

Last night I was supposed to go bowling with friends, but had to finish my paper instead.  So I met them at Aleks' place later in the night for a cider.  It was really nice to just relax and listen to so music.  We went from being at Aleks' like 4 times a week to not being there at all.  This was our first time there since Halloween, almost a MONTH, so it was a fun time. 

Hopefully that was a quick update!  Basically I am missing home right now...not that I don't love being here (I DO!) but right now, "here" is really stressful, so it is making home seem much nicer.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, luckies!

No comments:

Post a Comment