Thursday, November 18, 2010

Home Sweet Norway

Lutefisk!
Thursday morning we had to get up really early, once again, to call a taxi to get to the coach park to ride back to the airport.  This airport (Beauvais, Paris) absolutely SUCKS.  I recommend not going there, ever.  It is small, the people are rude, and things are disorganized.  This is where the ATM wouldn't take either of our cards, the stupid guy made me put my purse in a suitcase because RyanAir only allows one bag (even though I took it out right after we walked past, obviously), the screens didn't tell you which gate to go to, they made you wait outside, and various other idiotic things.  Needless to say, by this point, all we wanted was to be back in OSLO.  That was too much to ask though, because our plane couldn't land, we got rerouted to a different airport, from which they decided to bus us to the original one.  CHAOS!  They didn't tell anyone where to go, when the buses would be there, how long it would take, ughhhh!!  Unluckily, we had bought a 2-way bus ticket when we left from Oslo, so we HAD to go to this other airport, otherwise we would have just left from there to get back to Oslo city.  Then when we got there, there were no buses to take us to Oslo, (even though they say that if your plane is delayed they will wait) so we had to wait for another plane to land and take THAT bus.  Complete idiocy, we were tired, hungry, and just wanted to be home.  We were supposed to be back at 12, and rolled in to my place at 6. 

Being that we lost a whole day, we just got groceries (I had none left...we have a food stealer and I didn't want to lose food while we were on our trip), made some food, and relaxed that evening.  Traveling is really exhausting!  We slept in the next day (Friday) before heading to Vigeland's Park to take some pictures, as well as City Hall, and the Opera house.  I have seen these multiple times now...but they're the big (FREE!) things that everyone should see in Oslo.  The next day we went to the Resistance Museum (about the occupation during WWII) which we both really enjoyed.  I also finally made it to the Munch Museum, everyone has been telling me to go there, and it was free this time of year!  He is most famous for "The Scream" and "Madonna".  I actually really enjoyed his artwork, he has a pretty unique style.  We saw more of his work when we went to the National Gallery...so now we have seen 2 versions of "The Scream" and "Madonna" with different medias.  They hurried us out of the National Gallery pretty fast at close, so we checked out the Royal Palace quick before we headed home. 

That was our last night together, and the next day was hard.  It was so nice being taken care of, not sleeping alone, and having a little bit of home here with me.  I tried to send a bunch of stuff home with Mike so that my packing will be *easier* when I leave here.  One of Mike's planes was delayed almost 5 hours, and we he got back he accidentally got the wrong luggage :(  I have BRIGHT GREEN luggage, and somehow, someone on his flight had the exact same stuff, I've never seen it before!  But luckily our luggage was waiting there when we went back the next day (good thing we only live like 10 minutes from the airport)!

No comments:

Post a Comment