Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tomorrow!


I absolutely CANNOT BELIEVE that I am leaving for Norway for 4 months tomorrow! My flight leaves at 1:35 pm. I will be flying to Chicago, then to Stockholm, Sweden, and finally landing again in Oslo, Norway. Right now my biggest fear is getting myself from the airport to my school. Luckily I am arriving during business hours so my International Coordinator will be at the school waiting for me.

I will then check in to my room, which I have been told is "suite style" living. I will have my room with a bed, desk and chair, and a sink. Then I will share a bathroom, kitchen, living space, etc. with other students. Whether the students are Norwegian or other International Exchange students, I do not know yet.

After that, I have NO IDEA! I am planning to take the free bus to Downtown Oslo and head to their IKEA to get some linens and such. I have realized I will also need to purchase groceries and some toiletries as well. Hopefully I can settle in smoothly and meet some new and interesting people!

Wish me luck, and I readily welcome any advice for traveling abroad!! I will miss everyone SO MUCH...and especially my Michael :)

No comments:

Post a Comment