Sunday, October 10, 2010

I've Made it To October..Already?

Rewinddd 2 weeks back, when it was still September, and before my family was here...and THEN I'll get to the fun stuff!  2 weeks ago we had major "house" (our floor in the "dorm") drama.  People are so messy and never clean up after themselves, it is absolutely ridiculous considering I'm like the youngest person living here.  We scheduled a meeting to write up some rules, and then someone ratted to the housing office and cancelled the meeting. Soo...I made other plans, and went to have pizza and go bowling with some people from school.  Good choice, we had such a fun time.  It was 10 of us, and by the end of the night, of course, it ended up being Aleks, Espen, Filip, and me...like always!  It was a really fun time, I love bowling, even though I usually suck..but I did beat Espen once! 

Also that week, Kristina, Anette, and myself managed to put together our group presentation for my "Individuals and Families" class.  We presented the reading material to the class, and were the last group to go.  This means that all I have left to do in that class is a role play where I am the social worker...no papers, no exams...BAM!..just done with K14.  Like I said, the classes are really different at this school, and my teachers are more like observers.  Interesting way to learn, but awesome for my senior year!

After another long day of role plays (8:45-2:00) and sharing a brain with Aleks (we always have the same things to say in class) I came home and prepared to head to the hotel because my MOM AND GRANDMA were in NORWAY!!  When I got to the hotel, I didn't know if they would give me their room number, so I awkwardly asked, and they made a call up to their room saying they had a visitor and that I was on my way up.  When I got out of the elevator on the 12th floor, I could here my mom in hallway, and I said "It's me!" and she came running down the hallway crying.  Pretty amazing feeling to have a hug mean SO MUCH!  We walked back to the room and Grandma was waiting with more hugs and kisses.  We were all together...in Norway...what a crazy feeling!

We caught up gossiping about home all night.  Then on Friday, we wasted no time and fought off their jet-lag by heading out to do some sight-seeing right away.  The weather was sunny (unlike every other day they were here)!  Mom has never really ridden public transportation (neither had I before I came here) so that was all quite an adventure.  We went to Aker Brygge, Vigeland's Park and the Royal Palace.  It was great to be outside!  There was a food festival going on at the harbor, so we got some free samples and saw lots of good food!  Grandma of course had a good time at the park (the one will all of the naked sculptures) and they were just generally amused at the city.

That night we had dinner at a restaurant right by the hotel, it was actually REALLY GOOD food and it was pretty cheap for Oslo.  Over the week I got really good at figuring out transportation and got friendly with the online travel schedules, yay for me...after 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment